Seniors draw at Riccarton

Posted on Tuesday, August 14th, 2012

It was 2 – 2 tonight at Riccarton against Heriot Watt University. The Uni started well and looked sharp but it was Robbie Manson who opened the scoring midway through the half when heading home a John Grant free kick. The equaliser came when the Watt centre half shot from 25 yards and it went through a forest of legs into the corner. A couple of minutes later and we wee in the lead again, Sean Wringe poking the ball home from close range after a John Grant corner. we finished the half on top with Chris Anderson and Danny O’Donnell both coming close.
The Watt came out in the second half in great style and equalised with a header at the back post. We struggled to retain possession and Mark Whately picked up a yellow card for a block. On came Keith McLeod and Jack Beesley with 20 minutes to go and we took the upper hand. The ball flashed across the Watt goal on a few occasions but we couldn’t apply the finishing touch. Andy Martin did have the ball in the net but the flag was correctly raised for an offside. A draw was a fair result which leaves us needing at least a point against Vale of Leithen on Saturday to qualify from our League Cup section assuming we receive the points from our postponed Ormiston game.
The Malt and Hops man of the match was Chris Anderson.
Team: Flockhart, O’Donnell, Cannazero, Sivewright, McKinnon, Grant, Whatley (Beesley 70), Wringe (McLeod 70), Anderson (Henretty 80), Manson, Martin Subs not used: Finnie, Trialist
The Juniors are in action at the Academy in their League Cup tomorrow evening (Wed) when they play Livingston United with a 7pm ko.

Next Fixture

Date: 23/07/24
Opponent: Forfar Athletic
Venue:Ainslie Park
Competition: Premier Sports Cup
Kick off: 7.45pm

William Hill J-Teq EMS Solutions Ltd Spentwell JB Contracts (Scotland) Ltd
Mintbox Removals Johnstone Carmichael Consider IT Shepherd Chartered Surveyors
Sonsie Face Westwoods Health Club Mr Eion Coffee Hart Lifts
Soho IT CHAS Jim Martin